The 2nd Edition of Lady of the Temple: Ancient Hymns for Nephthys is now available in kindle, paperback and hardcover editions.
- Lady of Water and Flame: Ancient Hymns for Tefnut
Waiting on the Book Cover:
- Mother of Nine: An Anthology for Oya
Works in Progress:
- Lady of Magic: Honoring Aset Today
- Lady of Sunbeams: Ancient Hymns for Mut
- Lord of Eternity: An Anthology for Osiris
Click here for more information: Solar Lioness
- Solar Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Sekhmet (Ready to Send to Formatter)
- Mother of Nine: An Anthology for Oya (almost done)
- River, Star and Sky: Poems for the Egyptian Gods. (Work in Progress)
- Lady of Magic: Honoring Aset Today (Work in Progress)
- Queen of Kings/Creation Mother: Ancient Hymns for Mut (working title) is going to take longer as I’m hoping to be able to include the Crossword Hymn to Mut in it. (Work in Progress)
- Lord of the Ways: An Anthology for Wepwawet (Work in Progress)
- Water Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Tefnut (Work in Progress)
- Lord of Eternity: An Anthology for Osiris (Work in Progress)
- Two Horizons: Ancient Hymns for Egyptian Gods. (Work in Progress)
Lady of the Temple: Ancient Hymns for Nephthys is now available through Lulu.com! Here is the link: Lady of the Temple!
I posted this on my Patreon and thought people here would find it useful.
So I have a book that just came out with ancient hymns in it (see here) and it occurred to me that many people may not know how this works.
Once I find a hymn or quote I want to use, I look up the publisher and email them with the information of what I want to include (the hymn, the full citation of the book or article, including page number) and information about my book (title, publisher, rights, distribution, approximate cost). Then starts the waiting game. Sometimes it takes a few days, a month and some take years to get back to me. Yes, years. (I’m still waiting on some in fact).
Now, once I hear back, I can get different kinds of responses:
- Got permission. It’s free. Just send us a copy of the book and cite everything completely. Sometimes, they’ll even give me a template to use for citations. So, literally cut and paste, just add the page number. (and no, you can’t abbreviate citations. Full citation for each hymn)
- You may have permission if you send us money. $50 USD
- You may have permission if you send us money. $200 USD
- You may have permission if you send us money even though you asked for only 6 to 12 lines. $198 USD (Yes, this happened)
- You may have permission to translate and include one hymn if you pay us. $350 USD (Yes, this happened too and I said no)
And I must include the books in the bibliography as well.
So if the hymn is in German or French, I have to ask permission from either the author or the publisher to translate it and include it in my book. If it is already translated into English, I ask permission from the author/translator or publisher to include it in my book. Sometimes, they will ask for a copy of the book in exchange which I am more than happy to provide.
If it is in hieroglyphs then I ask someone who knows hieroglyphs to translate it for me in exchange for a book copy or monetary compensation. If I knew hieroglyphs, then I could just translate it myself. (But I digress…)
So I hope this helped to clear up any issues about what I include in my books as far as content or footnotes.
Thank you to all the authors, translators and publishers who kindly gave me permission to include their works in my books.
I have been busy in November with health issues and getting ready for the holidays.
The formatting is complete for my newest book: Flaming Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Egyptian Goddesses. I’m waiting on the book cover. This book may not be published until 2019.
My Books Coming in 2019:
- Flaming Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Egyptian Goddesses.
- Solar Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Sekhmet.
- Lady of the Temple: Ancient Hymns for Nephthys.
- Solar Flares and Sunbeams: An Anthology for Ra.
- Creation Mother: Ancient Hymns for Mut.
Now some of you may be wondering, won’t the hymns in Flaming Lioness contain all of the content of Nephthys, Sekhmet and Mut’s hymnal compilations? Well, yes and no.
Many of the hymns are the same in both books. But, some of the hymns I wasn’t able to get into Flaming Lioness, so those will be included in the other hymnal compilations. Also the books for Sekhmet, Mut and Nephthys will also include a festival calendar and a long list of epithets.
The paperback version of Mother of Magic is available from Amazon! It is also available in PDF ebook and Kindle formats.
Purchase Paperback from Lulu here: Mother of Magic
Purchase PDF from Lulu here: Mother of Magic PDF
Purchase the Paperback from Amazon here: Mother of Magic
Purchase Kindle version: Mother of Magic
The first project is Flaming Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Egyptian Goddesses. This is a collection of ancient hymns to different Eye of Ra Goddesses. So far I have hymns to: Aset/Isis, Nebet Het/Nephthys, Hethert/Hathor, Tefnut, Sekhmet, Mut, Menhyt, Nit/Neith, Nut/Nuit and Seshat. I’m waiting on some permissions.
The second project is She Who Speaks Through Silence: An Anthology for Nephthys. This is an anthology for Nebet Het (Nephthys), the Sister of Aset (Isis). This anthology has modern rituals, poetry, essays/articles and a fiction story. I am just about ready to send it to the formatter.
The third project is Lady of the Temple: Ancient Hymns for Nephthys. This book has ancient hymns, a festival calendar and an epithets list for Nebet Het (Nephthys).