Here is more information: Two Horizons.
Click here for more information: Solar Lioness
The next book I’ll hopefully finish is either:
- Lady of Magic: Honoring Aset Today
- Solar Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Sekhmet
- Solar Flares and Sunbeams: An Anthology for Ra.
- Creation Mother: Ancient Hymns for Mut (working title) is going to take longer as I’m hoping to be able to include the Crossword Hymn to Mut in it.
- Mother of Nine: An Anthology for Oya
I have recovered from my eye surgery. I now have three glasses for near, middle and far vision, respectively. I’m very grateful to have what limited vision I do have.
On another note, before the surgery, I was able to publish Lady of the Temple in both PDF and Kindle formats. Lulu ate my paperback copy so I had to get a new ISBN. I hopefully can get the cover ISBN edited to the new one and then publish the paperback of this book.
I posted this on my Patreon and thought people here would find it useful.
So I have a book that just came out with ancient hymns in it (see here) and it occurred to me that many people may not know how this works.
Once I find a hymn or quote I want to use, I look up the publisher and email them with the information of what I want to include (the hymn, the full citation of the book or article, including page number) and information about my book (title, publisher, rights, distribution, approximate cost). Then starts the waiting game. Sometimes it takes a few days, a month and some take years to get back to me. Yes, years. (I’m still waiting on some in fact).
Now, once I hear back, I can get different kinds of responses:
- Got permission. It’s free. Just send us a copy of the book and cite everything completely. Sometimes, they’ll even give me a template to use for citations. So, literally cut and paste, just add the page number. (and no, you can’t abbreviate citations. Full citation for each hymn)
- You may have permission if you send us money. $50 USD
- You may have permission if you send us money. $200 USD
- You may have permission if you send us money even though you asked for only 6 to 12 lines. $198 USD (Yes, this happened)
- You may have permission to translate and include one hymn if you pay us. $350 USD (Yes, this happened too and I said no)
And I must include the books in the bibliography as well.
So if the hymn is in German or French, I have to ask permission from either the author or the publisher to translate it and include it in my book. If it is already translated into English, I ask permission from the author/translator or publisher to include it in my book. Sometimes, they will ask for a copy of the book in exchange which I am more than happy to provide.
If it is in hieroglyphs then I ask someone who knows hieroglyphs to translate it for me in exchange for a book copy or monetary compensation. If I knew hieroglyphs, then I could just translate it myself. (But I digress…)
So I hope this helped to clear up any issues about what I include in my books as far as content or footnotes.
Thank you to all the authors, translators and publishers who kindly gave me permission to include their works in my books.
The paperback version of Mother of Magic is available from Amazon! It is also available in PDF ebook and Kindle formats.
Purchase Paperback from Lulu here: Mother of Magic
Purchase PDF from Lulu here: Mother of Magic PDF
Purchase the Paperback from Amazon here: Mother of Magic
Purchase Kindle version: Mother of Magic
The first project is Flaming Lioness: Ancient Hymns for Egyptian Goddesses. This is a collection of ancient hymns to different Eye of Ra Goddesses. So far I have hymns to: Aset/Isis, Nebet Het/Nephthys, Hethert/Hathor, Tefnut, Sekhmet, Mut, Menhyt, Nit/Neith, Nut/Nuit and Seshat. I’m waiting on some permissions.
The second project is She Who Speaks Through Silence: An Anthology for Nephthys. This is an anthology for Nebet Het (Nephthys), the Sister of Aset (Isis). This anthology has modern rituals, poetry, essays/articles and a fiction story. I am just about ready to send it to the formatter.
The third project is Lady of the Temple: Ancient Hymns for Nephthys. This book has ancient hymns, a festival calendar and an epithets list for Nebet Het (Nephthys).