Festival Names: Procession of Aset, the Bright One, Mother of God a.k.a. Aset Luminous
Day: 4th Shomu, Day 2.
On my calendar this festival falls on July 2.
This festival commemorates Aset’s nightly search by torchlight for Her husband Wesir. Candles, lamps and torches were lit for the Goddess. Papyrus boats were launched in temple lakes. The boats had prayers written on them with a light source to guide the way.
On Aset’s shrine you could have: an image or statue of the Goddess, a source of light from candles, lamps, LED candles or electric candles and offerings.
You will need paper and a pen or pencil or marker (not red). You will also need a tealight and a lighter.
Write a letter, asking Aset for things you are thankful for. Then on the other side, write a letter to Aset asking for things you need. This paper later gets folded into the boat (start folding: thank you side up).
After the paper boats are made, fill a bowl, bathtub or sink with water. A tealight is placed in each boat and they are put in the water. The tealights are lit and the boats float on the water until the candles burn out. (Please keep fire safety in mind).
Thank You/Gratitude Letter Ideas
Other Things She has helped you with
Ideas of Things You Need
Vaccine for Covid 19
Healing from Grief
Fortitude and Strength
Remember to eat the offerings when you are done. And extinguish the candles.
Aset is a goddess of sovereignty, kingship, magic of all kinds, life-power, personal power and authority, writing, words, gaining knowledge, honoring one’s ancestors, ancestral lineage and traditions, dreams, family relationships, self-love, alignment of the souls and healing. She is also a goddess of Heaven, starlight, the night sky and the star Sopdet (Sirius).
Sobek of the Nile is the purification god
Sobek of the Waters of the Nun
Light of the sun dispels darkness
The Light of Sobek and Ra dispels darkness
Ask for this light
Ask for this water to purify you
of grief, of rage, of fear
of helplessness, of powerlessness
Bring to yourselves strength, devotion, kindness
Bring to yourselves health, love and self-care
Be kind to yourselves in this darkness
Be kind to others
Know that We are with you in your grief and rage
Know that We are with you in your sorrow and fear
Know that We are with you
We walk with you through this
Now and forever
So says Aset, Mistress of Light
Lady of Life
I am in every sunbeam
in every starlight
in every candleflame
I am in every droplet of water
in every river, every stream
in every rainstorm
in all water in your homes
So listen now
Use this power
of light, of water
and purify yourselves
in showers with buckets to pour over yourselves
Or use sacred soap
Or Florida Water
Or other cologne water
Or cense with incense
Burn candles in front of Our shrines
Ask Us to help you
and We will
We are with you
Some may find it hard to go into shrine right now. Or maybe you just want something simple to do outside of shrine. If you are looking for inspiration to honor Them outside of shrine, I have a few ideas:
1) Find them in the nature around you. Shu, Nebet Het and Aset are associated with breath. The Eyes of Ra manifests in the sunbeams or starlight. Nut is the night sky. Go outside and spend time with Them. Breathe and think of Their Names.
2) Say a prayer before you eat, offer your meal and then eat it.
3) Can you wear jewelry? Wear something you’ve dedicated to them, like a necklace, ring or bracelet.
4) You could wear clothes with colors that remind you of Them. (Blue or purple for Aset, black or purple for Nebet Het, white for any of the Netjeru).
5) Is there a Netjeru over your profession? Offer your workshift to Them.
6) Do creative projects. Call on Seshat or Djehuty for writing, call on Aset or Hethert for arts and crafts.
7) Do something you love and invite Them.
8) Offer to Taweret, Aset, Hethert, Mut or Bast and clean your home. Offer to Bes or Bast or whomever to protect your home.
9) Breathe. They are There. Gods and Goddesses of air and wind are with you when you breathe. So breathe.
If anyone has any more submissions to send to the Wepwawet book, feel free to send them in! And I am going to email you immediately and send you the permissions form. I must have the permissions form filled out or I cannnot accept your submission!